YMCA Little Fir Tree Nursery, Melksham
The Little Fir Tree Nursery opened in September 2005 as part of the Childrenâ€™s Centre. In January 2008, Bath YMCA took on the management of the nursery in an agreement with the centre and Wiltshire County Council.
It is a modern nursery with exceptional facilities both inside and in the garden areas. It is conveniently located with easy access and parking for parents / carers dropping off & collecting their children. The low wooden design was purpose built and ensures that all areas are easily accessed by the children and there is plenty of natural light. It is a spacious nursery where children have plenty of room to make their own.
Our aim is to provide high quality childcare in an environment that recognises every child is unique and to cater for their individual needs. Our experienced and qualified staff are central to the success of our nursery. All babies and children have a key person allocated to them and the key person is responsible for the primary care of your child and the first access point for the parent. Information shared about your child will be held in absolute confidence.
Within the nursery we help all children to experience and learn a variety of skills appropriate to their stage of development. Activities are designed to be play centred and take place in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We want the nursery to be a home from home environment where your child will feel at ease and among friends and people who care about them. This helps promote self confidence, independence and a positive outlook which are important qualities for going on into school and later life.
Little Fir Trees offers full time, part-time and sessional care for children from 3 months to 4 years.
Play Based Learning
Daily activities are based on the new Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and is enhanced by great staff and a high standard of resources and equipment.
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers; and
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
The seven areas of learning and development that shape all our educational programmes are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Literacy â€“ understanding and development
- Mathematics â€“ understanding and development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
We incorporate all of the above strategies in delivering our activities that help develop childrenâ€™s confidence, self-esteem and inter-personal skills.
There are three distinct areas within the nursery each offering care for different age groups; all bright and airy and well lit. The rooms are divided into:
- Stars - 3 months to 2 years â€“ the baby room is a homely environment specifically designed to meet the needs of this age group. The babies have a separate sleeping room with soft dimmed lighting and in the main room there are plenty of activities designed specifically for this age group. The staff / child ratio for this age is 1:3 and the unit can accommodate 12 babies.
- Sunshines â€“ 2 years to 3 years â€“ the toddler room is a large, bright area which provides space for exploration and active play. Trained staff meet the needs of this age group by planning stimulating experiences for the children both indoors and outdoors. The staff/child ratio is 1:4 and the room can accommodate 20 children.
- Rainbows â€“ 3 years to 4 years â€“ At this age the children continue to learn through play and practical experiences. We place an emphasis on social skills and independence. The staff / child ration is 1:8 and the whole area can accommodate up to 24 children.
We are fortunate to benefit from excellent outdoor space at this nursery. There is a mixture of fixed and mobile play equipment and we make full use of the facility whatever the weather. Waterproofs and wellie boots are on standby should they be needed. The children enjoy gardening activities and growing their own fruit and veg.
All meals are cooked on site and we provide: breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and a light tea.
The nursery operates a Breakfast Club which opens during term time only.
The Little Fir Tree Nursery has facilities in place to provide a crÃ¨che place for your child if you access a training / learning course through the Kingâ€™s Park Childrenâ€™s Centre â€“ most courses are held within the grounds of the school.
The Nursery also has a Speech and Language room with regular input from Speech and Language Therapists, should your child require this service.
Session Times and Prices
The nursery is registered for 70 children and offers full day care, half days and sessional care.
Opening times are Monday to Friday 8am â€“ 6pm, 51 weeks of the year. The nursery is closed bank holidays and between Christmas and the New Year.
We offer the following sessions:
|Half Day Care||8.00am â€“ 1pm||1pm â€“ 6pm|
|Full Day Care||8am â€“ 6pm|
|Short Day||9.00am â€“ 3.00pm|
We offer the following rates for working parents who need a full day session from 8.00 am - 6.00 pm including meals:
|All Day||Discount for full week|
For siblings we can also offer a further 5% discount.
Baby Room - Â£4.35 per hour (3mths â€“ 2yrs)
Baby Lunch Â£1.15
Toddler Room - Â£4.10 per hour (2yrs - 3 yrs)
3-4 yr rooms - Â£3.95 per hour (3 yrs)
Breakfast Club Â£2.20 (8.00 am start)
Breakfast Club Â£3.00 (7.30 am start)
Prospective parents / carers are welcome to arrange an appointment to view the nursery. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
The YMCA Little Fir Tree Nursery
Tel: 01225 709594
From our clients...
Thank you for a fantastic stay... Great accommodation and cheap prices
If you can't find something, please have a look at our quick sitemap below :