YMCA Little Shoots Nursery, Trowbridge
The newest of the YMCA nurseries, we opened our doors for business in September 2010. We view ourselves very much as the sister nursery of Green Shoots in Trowbridge, and June Jessop our Nursery Manager worked at Green Shoots as the Deputy Manager for many years before taking on the wonderful opportunity of building Little Shoots.
Play Based Learning
Daily activities are based on the new Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and is enhanced by great staff and a high standard of resources and equipment.
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers; and
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
The seven areas of learning and development that shape all our educational programmes are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Literacy â€“ understanding and development
- Mathematics â€“ understanding and development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
We incorporate all of the above strategies in delivering our activities that help develop childrenâ€™s confidence, self-esteem and inter-personal skills.
There are three distinct areas within the nursery each offering care for different age groups; all bright and airy and well lit.
The rooms are divided into:
- Buttercups - 4 months to 2 years (approx) â€“ this is the baby unit with a homely and relaxed atmosphere. All staff in this room are trained in working with children under two and understand how difficult it is to leave your child. Your child will be allocated a key person who works closely with you to ensure we provide the care you require. The staff / child ration for this age is 1:3 and the unit can accommodate 6 babies.
- Daisies â€“ 2 years to 3 years (approx) â€“ as your child grows and develops he or she needs to be in a safe and secure environment where they can explore. Within Daisies, your child will be encouraged to try new activities and socialise with children their own age. The children are given opportunities planned by their key person which will stimulate them and encourage them to develop at their own pace. The staff / child ratio for this age is 1:4 and the unit can accommodate up to 10 children.
- Sunflowers â€“ 3 to 5 years â€“ as your child nears three they are ready for new challenges. Our staff plan and organise sessions that are aimed at encouraging your child to learn through play and exploration and promoting independence to prepare them for school life. Each child has a key person who will work closely with you and your child. All areas of the curriculum are covered offering every opportunity for your child to reach their full potential. The staff / child ratio for this age is 1:8
We make full use of every inch of our outdoor space at Little Shoots. In our garden we grow fruit and vegetables, have extensive play equipment, and use the grass area for different activities depending on the time of year. In the summer we build shelters that enable the children to play outside all year. In the wetter and colder months, waterproofs and wellies are a necessity as we splash in puddles, kick leaves and enjoy the various seasons.
During the nursery day we provide breakfast (8.00am â€“ 8.45) a hot lunch ( 12 noon) and an afternoon light tea ( 4.00pm) along with snack times mid morning and mid afternoon. All meals and snack times are designed to be sociable and special dietary needs can be accommodated. Children attending for a full day have all meals and snacks provided and the costs are included in the fees. Children attending funded sessions will receive a healthy snack with milk or water to drink. Meals can be purchased additionally by notifying the staff.
Session Times and Prices
The nursery is registered for 38 children and offers full day care, half days and sessional care.
Opening times are Monday to Friday 8am â€“ 6pm 51 weeks of the year. The nursery is closed between Christmas and New Year.
We offer the following sessions:
|Nursery Education Grant Sessions||8.45am â€“ 11.45am||1pm-4pm|
|Half Day Care||8.00am â€“ 1pm||1pm â€“ 6pm|
|Full Day Care||8am â€“ 6pm|
Fees as of 1 June 2009
|Half Day Care Fee||All Day Fee|
|Children under 2||Â£22.50||Â£45.00|
|Children over 2||Â£21.50||Â£43.00|
|After School Club 3pm-6pm||Â£13.20|
Prospective parents / carers are welcome to view the nursery at any time. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or would like us to send you further details.
Manager: June Jessop
YMCA Little Shoots Day Nursery
Tel: 01225 754777
From our clients...
Thank you for a fantastic stay... Great accommodation and cheap prices
If you can't find something, please have a look at our quick sitemap below :