YMCA King's Nursery, Malmesbury
YMCA The Kingâ€™s Day Nursery was established in September 1992 by The Kingâ€™s Church, Malmesbury. Bath YMCA took over the management from April 2013. The Nursery Manager, Caroline Wiggins has been with the nursery for many years and brings significant experience to the YMCA nursery management team.
Situated in the heart of Malmesbury, this 48 place nursery is open from 7.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday and is central to this community.
Play Based Learning
Daily activities are based on the new Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and is enhanced by great staff and a high standard of resources and equipment.
The curriculum divided into 4 areas of learning:
1. A unique child
2. Positive relationships
3. Enabling development
4. Learning and development
The learning goals are:
- Communication, language and literacy
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Mathematical development
- Knowledge and understanding of the World
- Physical development
- Creative development
We have 3 designated units which are designed to support the child through their individual development stages. Our units include:
- Baby room (Piglets) - 3 months to 18 months(approx) - a homely baby unit with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The emphasis is on â€˜Learning through playâ€™. This means lots of opportunity to get messy with activities based around water, sand, ooblic, dough, painting, sticking and other sensory activities. We understand how difficult it is for you to leave your child at this stage and will spend time settling both you and your child into our nursery community. The staff / child ratio is 1:3 and the unit can accommodate 8 babies.
- Toddler room (Tigers) â€“ 18months to 3 years (approx) â€“ this room can be divided into two sections enabling us to work in smaller groups for some activities. In this unit your child will be encouraged to try new activities and develop their language and listening skills, gaining confidence through social play with their peers. Each week, regardless of the weather, the older children in this room (2-3 year olds) go out on a â€˜welly walkâ€™ to explore, splash and have fun! The staff / child ratio in this room is 1:3 for the children under 2 years, and 1:4 for the 2-3 year olds. The unit can accommodate 16 children.
- Pre-school room (Elmerâ€™s) â€“ 3 to 5 years (approx) â€“ children generally move into the pre-school room the month after their 3rd birthday. Your child is ready for new challenges and we provide activities to stimulate their enquiring minds and encourage exploration and promote independence to prepare them ultimately for school life. Alongside the weekly â€˜welly walkâ€™ around the footpaths and by the river, your child will also go to the library once a month for story time and take part in various new activities in preparation for school. The staff / child ratio is 1: 8 and the unit can accommodate 24 children.
There are designated nappy changing areas and child friendly toilets and hand washing facilities. We also have our own kitchen on site where we freshly prepare all the food for the children.
Outside â€“ we are fortunate to have an enclosed garden where the children can play safely.
Session Times and Prices â€“ please contact the Nursery Manger, Caroline Wiggins, directly for further information or to view the nursery.
Manger: Caroline Wiggins
The Kingâ€™s Day Nursery School
4 Silver Street
Telephone : 01666 824987
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
From our clients...
Thank you for a fantastic stay... Great accommodation and cheap prices
If you can't find something, please have a look at our quick sitemap below :