YMCA Bath Group currently operates 7 nurseries in Bath and Wiltshire and is committed to providing an exceptional standard of care in all centres.:
- YMCA Bath City Centre Nursery
- YMCA Little Fir Tree Nursery, Melksham
- YMCA Green Shoots Nursery, Trowbridge
- YMCA Little Shoots Nursery, Trowbridge
- YMCA King’s Nursery, Malmesbury
- YMCA Kingfisher Preschool, Westbury
- YMCA Humpty Dumpty Nursery, Calne, Wiltshire
Whilst each nursery and preschool has its own identity and operates slightly differently, each share a common YMCA ethos that differentiates them from other providers.
There are six nurseries and one preschool in the group and the managers and their teams are the strength of the group. We offer a range of exciting activities for the children and promote a strong partnership with our parents.
Staff teams are highly qualified with some at degree level and everyone undertaking a range of professional development opportunities.
Peace of Mind
All six nurseries and our preschool are registered with Ofsted and links to their latest reports are available from their individual pages on this website All staff and volunteers have enhanced DBS clearance before starting work. We aim for all of our qualified staff to have a current First Aid qualification as we believe this is very important.
Early Years Care and Development
Our experienced and dedicated staff teams are fully committed to:
- Recognising each child as unique
- Providing a stimulating, innovative and safe learning environment
- Providing quality care to children and families that responds to their needs
- Developing trust, support and co-operation between home and the nursery
- Encourage children to develop socially and emotionally enabling them to develop life skills
To achieve this we encourage all our children to
- Develop independence and self confidence
- Make their own decisions
- Learn through play and exploration
- Interact with and value their peers
- Have fun and be happy
Our nurseries are safe, comfortable, friendly and inspiring places for children to be.
Free Pre-School Hours for 2, 3 and 4 year olds
All children aged 3 and 4 are eligible to receive 15 hours free early education each week. We will be offering 30 free hours from September 2017 for working parents who are eligible for the new offer.
Eligible two year olds can access 15 hours free and parents can check whether their child is eligible by looking on their local authority web site.
If you want further information on this please contact the nursery you are interested in directly.