YMCA Humpty Dumpty Nursery is a bright modern nursery and pre-school with a beautiful enclosed garden, designed and landscaped for the children to enjoy. We are registered to take 28 children. Set in the grounds of the John Bentley School and next to the Calne Leisure Centre, YMCA Humpty Dumpty Nursery benefits from use of the school’s sport, arts and learning facilities. Children enjoy outdoor walks in the school grounds and in the local countryside.
We are pleased to announce that from the 1st of June 2015 we opened from 8am-5.30pm each day.
We are also pleased to announce that from 1st February 2016 we opened an after-school/holiday club picking up from Holy Trinity School each day and offering care for all school-aged children in the holiday times.
Play based learning
Our daily activities and routines are based on the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and we have a highly motivated staff team. We use our equipment and resources in innovative ways and the outdoor area is well designed for the children.
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers; and
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
The seven areas of learning and development that shape all our educational programmes are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Literacy – understanding and development
- Mathematics – understanding and development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Inside there are three distinct areas, each offering care for different age groups. All areas are bright and airy, with a vast array of opportunities for learning, fun and social interaction. The 3 areas are:
(3 months – 2 years)
The staff ratio is 1:3
- A light airy, homely, well equipped room.
- High chairs, bunk cots & sofa.
- Babies use their own daily routine as given to the Room staff by the parents, ensuring the continuity of care.
- Babies are encouraged to use lots of sensory activities, eg. Water play, messy play, music, treasure baskets, lights, electronic toys, story-time and singing.
- The babies are encouraged to have snacks and to sit in high chairs or at the table for snacks and lunch.
- Sleep times and meal times differ with each baby’s own routine.
- Babies are encouraged to have ‘Outdoors’ time each day with use of the garden or a walk to feed the ducks or the shops.
- Cuddles and Love being the most important part of the day.
- Caterpillar room follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
(2 years – 3 years)
The staff ratio is 1:4
- Free play
- Story/Singing/Circle-time/Calendar & News
- Adult led activities i.e.:
– Quiet activities (whilst others having a nap!) eg. puzzles, drawing & colouring, Play-Doh
- Outdoor play is encouraged every day,
- The Butterfly room follows the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) curriculum.
Outdoor play is encouraged every day, The Butterfly room follows the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) curriculum.
The Sunflowers Room
(3 – 5 years)
Staff ratio is 1:8
- This room follows the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) to prepare your child for school.
- The children are individuals first. With unique profiles of abilities and schedules our routines flow with the child’s needs.
- Every session we have Registration, Weather Time, News and Show & Tell.
- We promote outdoor learning and exploration whenever and wherever possible. We have adult led and child led play and activities.
- We promote spontaneous play and constantly listen to children’s requests
- We also promote learning and children have a key person and activities are carried out with their key person and key group.
- Our aim in the pre-school is to give your child a strong social and emotional foundation to begin school life.
We love outdoor play at YMCA Humpty Dumpty Nursery and our children are out in the fresh air come rain or shine – they just love it! The enclosed garden at nursery has a beautiful tree at its heart which not only provides us with natural protection from the elements, but makes for a wonderful picnic spot and we love to get all of the children together and lunch in the garden whenever the weather permits. Elsewhere in the garden we have playhouses, a vegetable patch, a swing, climbing frame, a sand pit and painting wall and much, much more – it is a wonderful place for small children to get active and have lots and lots of fun!
We provide healthy snacks, breakfasts and teas for your child and liaise closely with our local provider to have healthy freshly prepared lunches brought daily to our site.
Sessions Times and Prices (from 1 April 2017)
Fees are charged by the hour:
Pre-school (3-4 years) £4.30 per hour
Toddler Room (2-3 years) £4.50 per hour
Baby Room (0-2 years) £4.70 per hour
Fees are invoiced at the beginning of each month and are payable by the 6th of each month.
Breakfast, lunch & tea available for an additional cost.
Government-funded free entitlement hours
All children aged 3 and 4 are eligible to receive 15 hours free early education each week and this offer has been extended to 30 free hours for working parents who are eligible for the new offer. To check for eligibility and see how you can get government funding towards childcare fees please visit: www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Eligible two year olds can also access 15 hours free and parents can check whether their child is eligible by looking on the Wiltshire Council web site. www.wiltshire.gov.uk
Fun Bunch (5-11 yrs)
After School Club 3.30 pm till 5.30 pm £ 9.00 per day
Price includes a light tea and pick up from Holy Trinity Primary School. Sibling discount of 5% available.
|All Day Rate||Discount for full week|
|HOLIDAY CLUB 1 (9.00-3.00)||£21.00||£99.00|
|HOLIDAY CLUB 2 (9.00-5.00)
Additional hours @ £4.00 per hour
Pitta bread, ham and cheese
Soup and crusty roll
Beans on toast
Mini games (golf, ping pong)
Prospective parents / carers are welcome to arrange an appointment to view the nursery. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or would like us to send you further details.
Manager: Helen Harfield
YMCA Humpty Dumpty Nursery
John Bentley School,
White Horse Way,
Phone: 01249 822545